Digital Product Manager
The Ramblers helps everyone, everywhere, enjoy walking and protects the places we all love to walk. We are the only charity dedicated to looking after paths and green spaces, leading walks, opening up new places to explore and encouraging everyone to get outside and discover how walking boosts your health and your happiness. We're excited to be at the point of hiring a digital product manager to help build the digital tools our users want and the charity needs.
Purpose of Role:
- Drive the creation, development and improvement of some of our digital products based on member, supporter and volunteer needs, as well as organisational goals.
- Act as the user champion for key Ramblers digital products, ensuring the best possible experience for those users. The focus will be on digital mapping, walking and mobile products and applications.
- Work with relevant internal stakeholder teams as well as volunteers and external user representative groups to prioritise the most valuable features and functionality improvements for our products, as well as act as lead for business prioritisation of new features.
You can view the full job specification and responsibilities here.
Required skills & experience
1. Demonstrable analytical and research skills
2. Experience of effectively managing multiple digital products and services and prioritising work successfully
3. Understanding of good practice in digital product design and development
4. Experience building mobile applications and/or mobile-first web applications
5. Up-to-date grasp of digital technologies, user experience design and research techniques, and the effective use of them
6. Strong communication skills, particularly to communicate technical solutions and their benefits, limits and risks in accessible language to stakeholders with varying technical understanding
7. Excellent team-working, collaboration and problem-solving skills
8. Adept at using a range of digital systems, applications, software and websites.
Desirable skills and expertise
1. Experience working with geospatial systems/digital maps and mapping products
2. Experience working with volunteers to further the goals of an organisation
3. Experience of working within an agile environment
4. Proven experience of managing relationships and contracts with partners and suppliers
We currently use the following at The Ramblers and familiarity with these specifically will be welcomed:
- Salesforce (CRM, customer service and marketing)
- Tableau (self-serve BI)
- Drupal (main website)
- Native iOS and/or Android apps
- Free Ramblers membership on joining
- Flexible working opportunities (post probation)
- 6% employer pension contribution (in addition to employee contribution)
- Season ticket loan
- Christmas office closure
Your application has been successfully submitted.