Digital Commerce Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
People are our biggest asset. We can provide you with the skills and opportunity to develop and reach your full potential – what’s most important is that you’re a good fit and willing to learn. We know that there is no such thing as the perfect applicant with the complete set of skills. We believe in a challenger mindset at 5874 and if you feel that you could challenge and develop into this role, then we want to hear from you.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You’re someone who brings ideas to the table and likes to get stuck in
- You’re not afraid to speak your mind
- You’re a natural problem-solver and like to be challenged
- You’ve got a positive, can-do attitude
We’re looking for a digital commerce consultant to join our multi award-winning agency headquartered in Birmingham UK. This is an office-based role with the possibility for flexible working. This position will involve travel to meet and spend time with our global clients.
Birmingham, UK or Europe or USA (please specify the location clearly in your application)
The role and your experience:
You’ll have 5+ years of direct eCommerce experience working at a manager level either at an eCommerce agency or in a similar client-facing position. Ideally, you’ll be technically adept with a good knowledge of widely used eCommerce technology, platforms and integrations (specifically with the BigCommerce platform).
You’ll play a crucial role as part of the solutions team at 5874 and offer strategic services and delivery across the development of new eCommerce stores. You will be heavily involved in developing the project roadmap, ensuring all objectives are met using best practice. You will also be responsible for effective migration of data, content and products, as well as maintaining onsite performance, usability and SEO during replatforming projects.
This is a great all-round opportunity and your day to day tasks will be extremely varied.
The role will require you to work effectively and efficiently across multiple departments including new business development, client support, partnerships and marketing. No two days are the same but that’s what makes it exciting!
- Use your extensive knowledge and experience to offer consulting services to our clients in all areas of eCommerce including technology, marketing and operations. Always demonstrate consulting professionalism.
- Work with clients to nurture relationships and understand their key ecommerce goals and requirements. Build eCommerce strategies to drive growth and success - this could include launching sites, and advising on the best digital applications and integrations
- Scope and manage projects to mitigate risks and manage client expectations
- Coordinate digital projects with delivery on time, to budget and to specifications
- Contribute to RFP responses and work with the sales team to create new business development proposals
- Conduct in-depth discovery sessions to map out current architecture and highlight client’s aims, requirements and potential challenges
- Use Google analytics and other analytics tools such as Glew.io to interpret and analyse data reporting on client site performance and advising on improvements to increase revenue
- Work with the leadership teams to make continual improvements internal processes and overall business strategy.
- Highly motivated and versatile with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about using your skills to contribute to company growth and expansion
- Experience working with medium to large retailers with management-level contact.
- Able to think logically and creatively
- Experience and knowledge of the BigCommerce platform
- A deep understanding of ecommerce platforms, content management systems and the technical specifications that accompany them
- Experience managing complex projects simultaneously whilst delivering high-impact solutions
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a wider team to ensure deadlines are met and prioritising tasks with a solution-led mindset
- Flexible working
- Workplace pensions
- Your birthday off
- 20 days holiday a year rising one a year to a max of 25
- Free office snacks
- After 5 years with 5874, we reward people with a 4 week paid sabbatical to be used during that calendar year!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are 5874 Commerce. We’re a Global Commerce Agency based out of Birmingham’s creative hub, Digbeth. With offices also in London and Austin (TX), we ...