Senior Web Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
People are our biggest asset. We can provide you with the skills and opportunity to develop and reach your full potential – what’s most important is that you’re a good fit and willing to learn. We know that there is no such thing as the perfect applicant with the complete set of skills. We believe in a challenger mindset at 5874 and if you feel that you could challenge and develop into this role, then we want to hear from you.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You’re someone who brings ideas to the table and likes to get stuck in
- You’re not afraid to speak your mind
- You’re a natural problem-solver and like to be challenged
- You’ve got a positive, can-do attitude
We’re currently looking for an ambitious individual to join our Web Development team at a junior level to help build beautiful eCommerce websites and to progress their own level of technical knowledge and skillset. We are a fast-growing, full-service eCommerce agency who take pride in the quality of work that we deliver.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 4 years experience working in a Web Development environment and as part of a team with experience working with a wide range of Web Programming Languages. However, presenting yourself with a hard-working, willing to learn and having passion for what you do on a day to day basis is most important. If you feel like you fit the above then please read further for extra details and we hope to hear from you soon!
- Build & maintain our in-house built API solutions using PHP & Laravel
- Working closely with project managers and designers to deliver beautiful, pixel-perfect websites
- Working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Adapting quickly to strict requirements & processes
- Working collaboratively & sharing ideas with an experienced development team
- Helping the Junior Developers within the team progress & enhance their own skillsets
- Continuously improving the structure of the Development team
- Reporting at a senior level to the Head of Development
- Ideally, 4 years experience working in a development environment
- A PHP framework such as Laravel
- Module bundlers such as webpack
- Version control & git
- Developing, Interpreting, maintaining and working with APIs
- Templating languages
- A CMS platform such as Wordpress
- Understanding of UX cross platform/responsive design
- Experience with Jira or another task ticketing system
- Great client based & in-house technical communication
- Confidence presenting your own ideas & solutions at team & company level
- An awareness of industry trends
- An outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible working
- Workplace pensions
- Your birthday off
- 20 days holiday a year rising one a year to a max of 25
- Free office snacks
- After 5 years with 5874, we reward people with a 4 week paid sabbatical to be used during that calendar year!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are 5874 Commerce. We’re a Global Commerce Agency based out of Birmingham’s creative hub, Digbeth. With offices also in London and Austin (TX), we ...