Senior Web Developer
People are our biggest asset. We can provide you with the skills and opportunity to develop and reach your full potential – what’s most important is that you’re a good fit and willing to learn. We know that there is no such thing as the perfect applicant with the complete set of skills. We believe in a challenger mindset at 5874 and if you feel that you could challenge and develop into this role, then we want to hear from you.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You’re someone who brings ideas to the table and likes to get stuck in
- You’re not afraid to speak your mind
- You’re a natural problem-solver and like to be challenged
- You’ve got a positive, can-do attitude
We’re currently looking for an ambitious individual to join our Web Development team at a junior level to help build beautiful eCommerce websites and to progress their own level of technical knowledge and skillset. We are a fast-growing, full-service eCommerce agency who take pride in the quality of work that we deliver.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 4 years experience working in a Web Development environment and as part of a team with experience working with a wide range of Web Programming Languages. However, presenting yourself with a hard-working, willing to learn and having passion for what you do on a day to day basis is most important. If you feel like you fit the above then please read further for extra details and we hope to hear from you soon!
- Build & maintain our in-house built API solutions using PHP & Laravel
- Working closely with project managers and designers to deliver beautiful, pixel-perfect websites
- Working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Adapting quickly to strict requirements & processes
- Working collaboratively & sharing ideas with an experienced development team
- Helping the Junior Developers within the team progress & enhance their own skillsets
- Continuously improving the structure of the Development team
- Reporting at a senior level to the Head of Development
- Ideally, 4 years experience working in a development environment
- A PHP framework such as Laravel
- Module bundlers such as webpack
- Version control & git
- Developing, Interpreting, maintaining and working with APIs
- Templating languages
- A CMS platform such as Wordpress
- Understanding of UX cross platform/responsive design
- Experience with Jira or another task ticketing system
- Great client based & in-house technical communication
- Confidence presenting your own ideas & solutions at team & company level
- An awareness of industry trends
- An outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible working
- Workplace pensions
- Your birthday off
- 20 days holiday a year rising one a year to a max of 25
- Free office snacks
- After 5 years with 5874, we reward people with a 4 week paid sabbatical to be used during that calendar year!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are 5874 Commerce. We’re a Global Commerce Agency based out of Birmingham’s creative hub, Digbeth. With offices also in London and Austin (TX), we work with some of the biggest worldwide brands.