Business Development Executive
What we’re looking for
We're looking for a smart, talented and ambitious Business Development Executive to join our 'core-markets' team, focusing on the acquisition of new B2B partnerships, across the publishing industry and universities.
What you’ll do
- Lead the prospecting and outreach process - aiming to facilitate as many new publishers and universities as possible
- Manage and grow a large pipeline of publishers and universites from UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa - working to tight timelines and ambitious sales targets
- Work closely with VP Content and/or VP Sales on the consultative end-to-end sales process
- Be a product advocate - live and breathe Perlego's content mission to transform how publishers sell accessible and affordable content for students
- Build long-lasting relationships - you understand that building partnerships with publishers is more than just selling Perlego; you nurture clients to become advocates
- Be data-driven - you understand the importance of data and use this to improve the content acquisition process and strategic direction
- Go beyond - understand that partnerships requires a 360 degree approach, think creatively about new ways to build brand awareness and spread Perlego's mission in the industry, working collaboratively with our marketing team
What success looks like in this role:
- After 3 months, you'll have a perfectly organised, up to date pipeline of prospective partnerships and feel fully comfortable with the pitch and exactly how to spark interest
- After 6 months, you'll be scheduling meetings like a pro, using creative approaches to prospecting and re-engaging publishers who have previously said no
- After 12 months, you'll be running your own sales meetings, and owning the end-to-end sales process with all small to mid sized publishers in the pipeline, while continuing to maintain the whole pipeline and scheduling meetings for senior sales leads
It’s the perfect role for you if you have:
- 1-2 years of experience in a BD / Sales role
- Exceptional (verbal and written) communication skills - you should thrive having peer-to-peer conversations with C-suite individuals
- Strong understanding of B2B sales, with a particular emphasis on effective outreach - you'll have experience of creative ways to instigate and form partnerships
- An innate sense of hustle, but not at the expense of quality. You are quick and get things done, but understand the importance of delivering quality work - especially when client-facing.
- A hunger to learn quickly, and an ability to use your initiative
- Demonstrable experience of working to - and exceeding - ambitious sales targets
- Experience in both pipeline management and using a CRM effectively
- Strong data literacy, with great analytical skills - you can pull on relevant data-points to make smarter decisions to help the sales process
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Emotional intelligence and a collaborative, team spirit
- A keen sense of perspective and resilience with a sense of humour - sales can be tough after all!
⭐️ It’s a plus if you have:
- Relevant experience and a strong network in the publishing industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced growth environment
- Have a general interest in books, reading and always learning new things!
🌈 Benefits include:
Like many, we’ve adapted our flexible work policy off the back of this year. We offer the option for you to choose to work from home or the office. However, we will likely require you to be available to come into the office at least part-time following Covid-19.
There is an annual training budget for everyone's personal development
🌴 Base holiday
30 days base holiday (22 days + 8 bank holidays)
🎅🏼 Christmas break
In addition to your base holiday - the office will be shut for certain days over the Christmas holidays to allow everyone to have a break
Competitive salary, discretionary share options
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
Perlego will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
🌻 Wellbeing subsidy
Subsidy towards your choice of: gym or Vitality health insurance
🎉 Subsidised social activities
Encourage everyone in the team to hang out so we have regular team socials and activities
Your application has been successfully submitted.