Regional Expansion Manager (French Speaking)
At Perlego, we’re working hard to make education accessible to all. In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Over the past 4 years our goal has been to support students across the UK & Europe to access quality books. The next stage of Perlego is two fold: 1) expand our support to students globally, and 2) build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and more effectively.
What we’re looking for
A self-driven, entrepreneurial swiss-army knife that can build, lead and develop an operation from the ground up to support the expansion of Perlego internationally.
What the role involves
You will sit in our 'new-markets' team, an autonomous squad of 4 people - each responsible for growing Perlego into a new language market. You will report into the VP Strategy, however you will have support from our core-markets team where necessary (VP Sales, VP Content & VP Marketing).
You will act as an entrepreneur within Perlego, with the goal to expand and validate French language markets. You will be responsible for the market-entry, focusing initially on content acquisition in the market through to partnerships, marketing and sales.
What you’ll do
- You will be the lead for Perlego's growth into the French speaking markets
- You will have 12-months to validate and prove growth in the market, via achieving content coverage of university reading lists & building ARR £
- You will be the lead on establishing brand awareness in the region, it is up to you how you build this awareness however this could include partnerships, PR, brand marketing etc.
- At the end of the 12-months, you will present a long-term growth plan outlining how you want to grow the market in Yrs 2+ with detailed forecasts, business plan, hiring plan and budgets
What success looks like for this role in 12 months
You'll have the opportunity to be the region lead, you will build a team and lead on the strategy to continue growing in these regions.
It’s the perfect role for you if:
- You have an independent and self-driven entrepreneurial approach, you're proactive and enjoy getting hands on
- You are comfortable and confident in working with senior stakeholders and C-suite, at all types and sizes of organisations
- You're a strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills, you're comfortable with using data to inform your decisions (with a healthy mix of intuition)
- You're analytical and comfortable with managing and planning a budget and executing on financial targets
- You have studied at university in the region and/or you're very familiar with the local higher education system
- You have excellent communication in the local language (native) and fluency in English (verbal and written)
- You have a positive outlook, you're resilient and you're constantly trying to improve and learn
⭐️ It’s a plus if you have
- You have at least 2+ years experience in consulting, business development, growth, as a founder yourself and/or any other similar role
- Have experience working in an education business, local publishers and/or universities
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. We’re proud of our 4.8 Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
🌈 Benefits include:
Like many, we’ve adapted our flexible work policy off the back of this year. We're still finalising what this will look like post Covid-19, but will likely be a hybrid model which would allow you to work part remote and have some days in the office to collaborate and socialise with the team.
We offer a £500 annual training budget for everyone's personal development
🌴 Base holiday
30 days base holiday (22 days + 8 bank holidays)
🎅🏼 Christmas break
In addition to your base holiday - the office will be shut for certain days over the Christmas holidays to allow everyone to have a break
Competitive salary, discretionary share options
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
Perlego will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
🌻 Wellbeing subsidy
Subsidy towards your choice of: gym or Vitality health insurance
Plus mental health and counselling support via Spill
Your application has been successfully submitted.